Monday, February 27, 2017

Exploding Box

Hello All,

I made this little exploding box for a co-worker.  I will admit it was a bit self-serving because while it held a little gift for baby, it doubles as a brag book...box?...so she can fill it with pictures of the baby to share with with of us at work!

Here it is closed.  The nursery had a vintage sports theme so I tried to incorporate little sports nods throughout.


When you open it, the pages fall open revealing a sweet little pair of "sneaker" booties (Buy Buy Baby).


I used digital paper from Lilly Bimble,  Little Prints Party and Below Blink.  The image is Bella, from Whippersnappers.


With a little masking, and addition of a clip art baseball cap, little Bella became a little slugger :) He's colored with Copic markers.


This is one of my all-time favorite stamps because the image is perfect for plopping a pacifier in the baby's mouth.  I made the tiny pacifier using a brad and the plastic "C" clips used for making friendship bracelets.


The sentiment around the image is computer-generated.  The "it's a boy" sentiment is from a rubber stamp from Michael's back when they had those awesome $1 bins!  It's stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with Ranger white embossing powder.  I cut it out using a Spellbinders circle die.


I used Bazzil card stock for the box and the patterned paper was cut using Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle dies.

Have a great week!


1 comment: