Tuesday, February 4, 2014

A Little Monkey Business

Hello all.

I finished the diaper cake for my niece.  One of her friends is expecting twins --a girl and a boy!  The nursery theme is monkeys.  This is the cake I came up with.  I was going to make two individual cakes, one all pink and one all blue but I had a difficult time finding monkey-themed baby items so one big cake became the plan.  All the monkeys were cut and layered using my Cricut and three different cartridges:  Create A Critter, Baby Steps, and New Arrival.  I used Bazzill cardstock but the pearl paper is by Recollections.


Since I had to mail this bad boy, I just stuck to diapers, receiving blankets, and paper decorations but the top layer is a box and the storks are mounted on cake poles that have been glued to a round piece of cardboard.  It creates a sort of lid for the box and I stashed some baby items in there --two sets of onesies, two sets of booties, and two sets of Johnson & Johnson baby lotion and wash.


Here's a closer look at the decorations:






And one more all together:


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment