Friday, January 27, 2012

Bittersweet

Hello All.   Today is my last day as a designer for A Day For Daisies.  :(  When I saw this sad, little mermaid, "Mermaid Sympathy," among Tammy's new releases today, I knew it would be my swan song image.  *sigh*  I did some paper-piecing --her hair and tail --and embellished her locks with turquoise Stickles.  Oh she looks soo sad!

So, A Day For Daisies has been my tether to paper crafting for the last few months.  I have thoroughly enjoyed creating with these incredible images and  will still be doing so *BUT* I am really itching to try my hand at refinishing furniture.  Isn't that funny!?  I have scrapbooked since 1998 and was planning parties way before that yet in the last year, I have become obsessed with restoring and refinishing furniture.  I think above all I just need to create whether it be with paper or otherwise, I just have to have an outlet.   I hope my paper crafting friends will stick this out with me!

Happy Crafting! <3 Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, your card is so pretty! I'll be sad to see you moving on to other things, but certainly understand! I hope that you'll continue to post photos of your home remodel, and the things that you restore and refinish in the future! Best wishes to you, I know they will miss you at A Day for Daisies! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refinishing of furniture is something very fun, but you will run out of furniture to refinish very soon.

    ReplyDelete