Friday, September 16, 2011

BANANAS!

Hello Friends!  It has been B-A-N-A-N-A-S around here!  Work has been crazy, Dan and I have been painting like crazy...whew!  I even missed my post last week :(  (because it rained like crazy and caused flash flooding - scary) BUT I'm on the ball this week and when I saw Tammy's Banana Fairy (and banana bunch!) I had to play with them! :)  These darling images are new releases this week *and* there is a new A Day For Daisies challenge -- the challenge is to create a beverage-related gift.   Tammy has created some precious teacup fairy images as part of this week's release, also, so you will definitely want to check them out!

My best friend, Rhonda, and I work together so at least we have each other to lean on during this super-busy time at work.  We try to do nice little things for each other -- Rhonda will bring me pumpkin spice coffee and I'll treat for lunch and vice versa -- anything to bolster our spirit and make the best out of the stress!  So this gift was made with her in mind -- that and when work makes us BaNaNaS - we're going to make Smoothies from them - LOL!  I paper-pieced the banana and colored the fairy with copics.  I gave her wings a thick coat of Stickles and then cut out the entire image and mounted it on a felt circle.  The recipe card was computer-generated.  Since the mug is the gift (when you bring it to the smoothie place, you receive a discount on their smoothies!) I wanted to put a bow on it but dressed it up by adding a wine glass charm made from a hoop earring, plastic beads and a shrink plastic banana charm using Tammy's banana bunch image!

Have a wonderful FRIDAY!!!
 <3 Lisa

1 comment:

  1. Adorable girlie! Hope things settle down for you soon. I have to admit, I worried a bit last week when there was no ADFD post from you. Glad to see you back. xxD

    ReplyDelete