Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mermaid Waterglobe!

A few weeks ago, I was digging through the clearance racks at A.C. Moore (and yes, really, you have to dig *snort*) and I found this cute little water globe for $1.  It has a slot in the center for a picture and I figured I couldn't go wrong to get it for a buck :)  I'm so glad I did because when my There She Goes mermaid stamps - Make a Splash - arrived, I knew immediately I would use the water globe to showcase them :)  I created the background using Suzanne Dean's YouTube video on how to create a cloud sky background (HERE) and even though she teaches how to make sponge the clouds around the stamped image, I was worried I would ruin my already-colored image so I fussy-cut her out and layered it on my background.  The image was stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink, colored with copics and embellished with Stickles.  I also put Glossy Accents on the mermaid tail, water, and flower.  Now, I have been enjoying this little globe sitting on my craft table but I am seriously considering taking it to work.  This little sweetie really puts a smile on my face and boy, I can sure use that at work :)   Happy Crafting! <3 Lisa

3 comments: