Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh Baby!

That's the theme this week at A Day For Daisies!  The new releases are either babies or mommy's with babies!  Perfect because a new challenge begins today, too, and the theme - yes, you guessed it - "Oh Baby!"  Here are the details:  
Everyone loves a baby so let's get sentimental together.  Show us your best baby design including a sentiment that melts your (and everyone's) heart!  
So I think by now you all know that baby cards are my all time favorite cards to make so I am so excited about this new Challenge.  I chose Tammy's "Tummy Time" (try saying that three times really fast *giggle*) because of that darling little face!  It doesn't matter what heart-melting sentiment I used because no one will even notice the sentiment with that innocent, sweet face staring up at you right!?  But at least my sentiment fits because this little doll is definitely a "Bundle of Love."
I am also entering my card in another challenge.  I  wanted to "Get Dimensional with Donna Mundinger" so I got up my nerve and attempted to create a card with dimension like Donna!  Of course, NO BODY does dimension like the Divine Ms. M (really, check out her blog, Popsicle Toes, and you'll see what I mean!) but it was a lot of fun trying.  I started with an easel card.  Then, I printed my image twice - once on copic-friendly cardstock and again on PP.  I used the cardstock image as the base and once I had colored it up, I cut out the baby's pajamas from the PP.  I strategically glued pieces of foam under the pajamas and used pop dots to give an additional 3-D effect on just the baby.  Using my Cricut and new cartridge, Elegant Edges, I cut two card stock layers of Hearts 2 (1 base and 1 frame) and then I cut one frame layer and one square of Creatology Fun Foam and layered in this order:  foam square, heart frame CS base, image (fussy cut and mounted on textured DP),  foam frame, heart CS frame.  Here is a pic of the card from the side:

So there you have it, my attempt at a baby-themed dimensional card.  Now, let's get to the other amazing images available today.  They are just so tender and beautiful!

Tammy always features one of the new images for half price so be sure to check them out on the website or at CDAC, etc (links are located on the side of my blog.   I sure hope you will give the baby challenge a try!  Have a wonderful Friday!  <3  Lisa

4 comments:

  1. If you say someone is good, I'll have to check her out b/c I think you do some amazing stuff! this is a cute stamp and you created a gorgeous card to showcase it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa! this is just precious! LOVE the dimension, the image, and that beautiful frame. I guess I'll have to look into Elegant Edges after all. This is just gorgeous!Thanks for joining in my challenge on Do More With Less. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is so sweet! Love the pastel colors! And those layers look yummy! :)

    Thanks for playing along with my guest Donna's challenge Lisa! So glad she inspired you!

    ReplyDelete