Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Wicked Witch for Shelly

My sister has been asking me to make a card with a scary witch instead of the cards I've been making with the cutie witches.  I didn't think I could find a scary witch...and then I stumbled upon the Etsy shop of Rick St. Dennis.  The image is called, "THAT-A-WAY Witch" and I knew the moment I saw her, this was Shell's witch!  There are some really wonderful images at Rick's Etsy shop (I bought the SeaSprites also!) and I am in *love* with this witch!  She's colored with copics and embellished here and there with glaze pens.  The potion bottles got a thick coat of glossy accents after I colored their contents with glaze markers.  The image is cut out with SB Nestabilities big scalloped squares (large).  I colored the background with a C3 copic marker and edged the picture with gun metal Stickles. The metal brads are by Creative Imaginations (the style is Fright Night #21787) and the sentiment is from a $1 pack of Halloween stickers from AC Moore.  The card is Bazzill cardstock and the gorgeous flocked damask background (cut with SB mega nestie curved rectangles) is The Paper Studio (brocade flocked - black, item #982033). (I don't have any info for the orange striped paper.) 

So there you have it Shell; I hope you like her as much as I do.  I had a good time coloring her up.  She reminded me of the one Halloween when you came to visit and we dressed like witches :)  Sure wish you were here THIS Halloween!  Love you <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment